Monday, April 9, 2012

Failure

Remember the last time I wrote on my blog and how I made a big to-do about going private at the beginning of the year? Clearly, I failed. Not only did I fail to make my blog private, but I have failed to even look at my blog, and anyone else's for that matter, for the past four and a half months. In fact, I almost forgot I had a blog until my sister-in-law texted me tonight asking me if I had one.  

Now, it seems that it would be a little anti-climatic to make my blog private after a non-threatening, 4 1/2 month threat. So, to all of you who so graciously offered me your email addresses- thank you! I can now send you emails, although I'm racking my brain and can't seem to identify many reasons of why I would need to send you emails. So, scratch that. More importantly, if in the near or distant future I do decide to make my blog private, I will already know where I can send some invitations.

Why, might you ask, have I taken a four and a half month sabbatical from blogging? Well, rather than rambling on and on in paragraph form, I will enlighten you using my personal favorite: the list.


  • The Christmas season was jam packed with family parties and enjoying life so much so that I didn't ever want to waste a second sitting at my computer blogging about it
  • I started (and finished) my student teaching! My first block was in a fifth grade class which I loved more than life itself. Yes, I cried on my last day. My second block was in a second grade class, which I loved, but not more than life itself. If I discovered only one thing during my student teaching, it was that upper grades is where my heart belongs. But, I loved each experience for many different reasons. It's hard for me to believe that I'm finished with the Elementary Education program at BYU- I'm fairly certain my life has revolved around it for the past two years and now I'm done. I've made some of my best friends in that program (Jordan Cohort Forever!) and we better have monthly lunch dates for the rest of our lives (Aubrey, McKenna, Emily, I'm talking to you). I also learned more than I even thought possible, which I will use not only in my classroom, but raising our kids as well. But most importantly, I found what I am passionate about, sometimes annoyingly so- sometimes I feel bad for Bennett because practically all I talk about is teaching, but he patiently listens and acts interested. Well, so much for trying to avoid paragraph form. My apologies. 
  • Bennett started his new job in January at an accounting firm in Salt Lake, where he's loving going to work and getting awesome experience- and building his resume- yay! 
  • Bennett's plugging along through another semester of school 
  • We've spent tons of time hanging out with family and friends
  • We took a short trip to St. George to watch my brothers play in their high school tennis tournament 
  • We celebrated Bennett's 23rd birthday!! He's just getting so old. 
  • I have no idea what else has kept us so busy, but I feel like we've hardly been able to breathe, in a good way of course. We can't wait for the summer and for life to slow down just a little bit. 
So, I apologize for the long absence. I would promise that I will never do it again, but let's face it, I will. Who knows when the next time I write on it will be, but with a small break before I start teaching full time, I may be able to squeeze in a few posts. Although, this beautiful change in the weather isn't going to help my cause at all. Who wants to be inside on a computer when it's finally warm outside?



2 comments:

  1. Love It! You Got It...monthly lunch dates for life! Can't wait to sit next to you at graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could remind you that you had a blog! I invited you to ours! Hopefully we can help each other to remember to blog more often!

    ReplyDelete