Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm a College Graduate!

Can you believe it? I sure can't. It seems like just yesterday I was graduating from high school, packing my bags and starting a new chapter in my life in the freshman dorms at BYU. It's hard to believe that that was four short years ago. The time has flown by and saying good-bye to the Y has been the definition of bitter-sweet. On one hand, I'm so sad that my formal education is over; call me crazy, but I love school and am going to miss the whole classroom setting (I guess thats why I became a teacher, so I don't have to give it up cold turkey). I can't even begin to count the time that I spent on the campus, the number of great friends I made there and how much of my life over the past four years is tied to that school. I always get a little nostalgic when a chapter of my life ends...

But on the other hand- I'm done with college!! I have a Bachelor of Science degree! I'm officially an alumni of a major university! I don't have to study anymore! I don't have to drive to Provo anymore! I don't ever have to experience finals week again! This is the sweet part of the bitter-sweet. Oh, how sweet it is.

Graduation was perfect! I went to the commencement speech that Elder Oaks spoke at on Thursday and then the rest of the night was spent at my grandma and grandpa Hymas' house. Friday morning I walked at my college's convocation which was so rewarding after all my hard work. Bennett was ridiculously thoughtful as usual and planned the rest of the day. We had a delicious lunch at Biaggi's with all of my family and Bennett's family. Later that night, my mom and dad had everyone over for games and Bennett made homemade ice cream (my favorite) for me. It was such a great couple of days full of celebrations with all of my favorite people. I am so grateful for all of the support I had from Bennett, my family and in-laws.

 Just before the commencement speech with Benito 

 After the commencement speech with some of my siblings

 With mom and dad

 Couldn't have made it through college without these three

 The girls (and little baby James coming soon!)

 With Aubrie and Emily after convocation

 After convocation with my mom and dad
 More with these three after convocation

 Grandma and Grandpa Child

 The whole Hymas clan

 With some of my very favorite professors

 With Grandma and Grandpa Hymas

With McKenna and Emily after convocation

Celebrating with games and homemade ice cream and my mom and dad's house Friday night

Thanks again everyone who showed me love and support this weekend and throughout my entire college experience! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Stacie!! So awesome, I am totally jealous. =] You are going to be such a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete