Thursday, August 18, 2011

Goodbye Summer, We Will Miss You


Last night it hit me that summer is actually ending. We all knew it would happen, you know, since it does every year, but who knew it would end so quickly? Because it hit me so abruptly, I had a little mini meltdown, complete with tears and requiring a fair amount of sympathy from Bennett. Looking back at it after a good nights sleep I can see it was a little irrational, but at the time it seemed completely justified. My reasoning for the meltdown: Bennett and I have had such a fun summer and I’m not seeing a whole lot of “fun time” available for us this upcoming semester. As always, Bennett knows exactly what to say to make me feel better and put my irrational fears at ease and although he assured me that we will make time for fun and will still be just as happy as we are now, I’m still sad to say goodbye to summer. In addition to everything else I’ve posted about- which I admit hasn’t been much- here’s what we’ve been up to the past couple of months: 

Moving into and decorating our new apartment (with the help of my mom and Andrea), which we love! 





We headed up to Bear Lake over the 4th of July for the Rasmussen family reunion. We also went back up the first week of August with Bennett’s immediate family for another round of boating. It was the first time I’ve ever been to Bear Lake, first time I’ve wake boarded, and really one of the first times I’ve done the whole boating thing, aside from those young women’s activities growing up. I never thought I was much of the boater type, but after a couple times on the lake I’ve had to reconsider. I think Bennett and I could be a boat family someday in the future. 


We said good-bye to Bennett’s brother, Tanner, who left on his mission on July 20th to the Farmington New Mexico mission. We miss having him around like crazy and anxiously await his emails every Monday morning. 



Bennett ran his first 10K with Mike! He didn't train too hard for it, but he still did so well-I was so proud! 


We went to the Ogden Rodeo to celebrate the 24th of July 



We’ve had more BBQ’s, farewells, homecomings, weddings and parties than I even thought was possible, but we’ve loved every second of them all. We even tried to go camping, failed miserably and ended up in my parents backyard. 



And of course, a million other simple things that have aided in making this summer one that causes me to cry when it’s over. How embarrassing. If worse comes to worst, I can always hold my breath for the next 3 ½ months of: 

Bennett: working 20 hours a week, 16 credit semester of intense finance classes.
Me: working 10 hours a week, 18 credit semester (last one!), driving from Bountiful to Provo and back 5 days a week. 

Good thing I have the best husband to go through it with who will always make me feel better when the stress hits. Oh, how I love him! 



No comments:

Post a Comment