Monday, June 18, 2012

Life Lately


Summer has come and is cruising by us and we are loving every minute of it. It has been such a fun, exciting and relaxing summer so far. We are relishing in the beauty and freedom of no school and being able to spend every single evening doing things that we love.

Exciting updates in bullet point form:

  • Bennett and I became a first time aunt and uncle! James Cleveland Bergeson was born on May 27th and I can confidently say is the cutest little guy this world has ever seen. We're obsessed with him. Mike and Andrea are the best parents and James is sure lucky to have been sent to them. 
  • I have been planning and preparing like crazy for my upcoming job. I somehow, through some great connections, got my absolute dream job a couple months back. 5th grade, Jordan School District, Year-round school (D Track), and Title 1. Can life get any better? Not at all. School technically starts on July 25, but seeing as how I am on D Track, I won't start actually teaching until August 20th. I can not even wait to have my own class and I am going crazy with excitement planning everything. It's the best pay off after 4 years of school to finally get to do what I'm passionate about. 
  • Bennett has been working full time and seriously has the best job. He loves the accounting firm he's working for and they are so good to him. It has been such a blessing. It's so nice to have a summer break from school, too. 
  • We've been having the best summer and have been having so much fun doing things like: redecorating our apartment by making artwork and sewing bright pillows, spending practically everyday with our favorite nephew, going to the Natural History Museum at the University of Utah, going on picnics to the park and spending the entire evening laying outside playing cards, reading and laughing our guts out, playing games, eating at taco carts, playing a ton of tennis, going on bike rides and boating with Bennett's family. 


Here are a few pictures of our summer thus far: 

Our new apartment decorations 



The famous James...oh, how we love him! 



Natural History Museum 


Picnics at the park. We can't seem to get enough of the warm weather. 



 ...sometimes sleep gets the better of us



Monopoly...clearly Bennett is the business guy. He smoked me like a cheap, Cuban cigar. 


Taco Carts: cheap, delicious and slightly sketchy...just what we love. 




Bennett has loved learning how to play tennis and is getting so good! It has been fun for me to start playing again, since the last time I played this much was on the courts at Viewmont High School almost 5 years ago. 



We had a very large and disgusting explosion in our sink the other day. Lets just say the disposal worked in reverse. Luckily for me, I happened to be standing over the sink when the blessed occasion occurred. You can't see it too well, but all the gunk on the sink was also all over my entire body. Yum! 


Riding bikes






Boating with Bennett's family. 
Misfortune of the day: Bennett's wedding ring slipped right off his finger and is now a permanent resident on the floor of Pineview Reservoir. Good thing our 1 year anniversary is in 4 days. I think I know what he'll be getting...






Bennett is really the most thoughtful person I know. I was having one of those irrational emotional breakdowns the other day and Bennett came home early from work with these beautiful flowers. I sometimes don't know how I got so lucky. He is so much better than I deserve and this {almost} past year has been the happiest of both of our lives. 
We just love each other so much, it's crazy! 


2 comments:

  1. You guys are adorable! I'm glad I found your blog. This is Cortney, by the way, Tanner's cousin. If you want to check out our blog, it is below:)
    rodgerandcortney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete